Thursday, October 20, 2011

So long, summer.





The last days of summer. It seems they were just here. That it was just weeks ago that we were running through the sprinklers in the backyard, eating otter pops, rolling in the green grass. And now the seasons have changed. The sprinkler is put away for warmer days. The grass is turning color. The air has a chill. I love it, this change. When summer comes I am itching for its warmth. I am starved for the bright color and the warm air and the lazy life we lead. And I love when it is here, drinking in every bit of it. And just as I seem to tire of it, the days grow shorter, the moon over-anxious to chase the sun away. The colors change, the leaves fall. The whole world transforms into autumn. Seasons are a magical thing. A starting over of sorts. Coming just in time for us to still think fondly of the time we are leaving behind. And to look forward to the coming season with happy anticipation. So long summer, sure was swell.

No comments: