Monday, June 10, 2013

Generations

This is Miss Lucy Jane with her great grandma Vivian Jane. I love Jeff's Grandma. When we were dating I would stay at her house in California when we visited. I slept on a hide-a-bed in the living room and drank fresh squeezed orange juice every morning. She treated me like part of the family from the very beginning. That is such a lovely thing, to be treated like you belong. I loved her for it then and I love her more now. She came to visit our Lucy last week and looked at her with genuine adoration. She told Jeff that his little girl reminded her of him as a baby. He was over the moon. She is one of the only people that can tell him this, one of the only ones left that knows and remembers what he was like all those years ago. That is not a small thing. It is just what he needed to hear, to feel that connection to his daughter and his dad and his grandma all at once. I hope our Lucy Jane grows up to be like her great grandma. That she has a gracious heart. That she is loving and loyal and even a little feisty. Just like her Granny B.

No comments: