Friday, June 28, 2013

The best night

Paige's two front teeth have been loose for months. She refused to pull them out.  Or let anyone touch them. Or let anyone speak while she was wiggling them. She needed full concentration. Finally her right tooth was hanging by a thread. It was purple and disgusting. I told her I would take her to Menchies if she would just pull it out. We were all tired of her dramatics and the disgusting snaggle tooth. She cried and told me to stop pressuring her. More drama. Finally I told Jeff to pin her down and I ripped that little tooth out. Paige was shocked, it didn't even hurt. Because, I reminded her, it was just hanging by a thread. She thanked me over and over. And we jumped in the car with all the kids in their jammies and went to Menchies. She declared it "the best night of her whole tooth losing life." 

When we got home she wrote the tooth fairy a letter. I love her cute handwriting. She was sure her tooth fairy was a boy because Owen's is a girl. We know this because Owen wrote a similar letter. His tooth fairy is named Felicity. And now we know that Paige's tooth fairy is a boy named Andrew. She ran up the stairs this morning to show us how tiny her tooth fairy can write and how she loves the name Andrew and how cool it was that he left her 4 fifty cent pieces and two dollar bills. All in one breath. She was sure that front teeth were worth more, especially when it took so long to pull it out. 

She couldn't wait to go to school and show all of her friends her lost tooth. She talks with a little lisp. And has a darling new smile to start off the summer. Love my cute girl.






No comments: