Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July





We have the coolest tradition in our ward on the fourth of July. After our pancake breakfast, everyone goes home and gets their suits on and we all meet over at the school for the worlds biggest slip and slide. O.k. maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but we are talking BIG here folks. I have no idea where plastic that size even comes from, but it has to be at least half the length of a football field and we have the perfect hill just above the school which all works together to produce slip and slide nirvana. The boys had a blast this year and I have to say that I was especially impressed with Owen. He is usually a little timid when it comes to anything in the water, but he was loving it and went down at least twice as much as anyone else there. He had a sly way of cutting in at the front of the line as soon as he made his way back up the hill. Smart kid! I told him what an animal he was on the slip and slide as we were walking home and he wanted to know what kind. So I said he was a cougar because he was fast and fearless. Of course Jeffrey wanted to be an animal too, so we decided he was a puma. They were very excited to come home and tell Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa about their animal adventures. We weren't allowed to call them by their real names all day, we had to address them as "The Cougar" or "The Puma." So, here are some shots of the animals at play.

No comments: