Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy

In Sunday school today the teacher started the class by posing a question, "What in your life makes you happy?" I was sitting in the front row so he pointed to me and asked for an aswer. No pressure. I thought for a second and answered, "My husband." He seemed a little surpised by my answer and said "Your husband?" "Yep," I said. "I really like him." You know how sometimes you say something and just listening to yourself say it you realize how true it is. This was one of those times. I really like Jeff. He is the one person in the world that I love being around all the time. And how cool is that. We went on a date last night and it was so nice just to be together. Most of our together time is with the kids and although I wouldn't trade that, it's nice to be alone every once in a while, to reconnect, to talk uninterrupted, to hold hands. To realize how incredibly lucky I am to have a husband that makes me happy, really happy.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Very sweet Erin. I feel lucky in a similar way. I was listening to the new Jason Mraz/Colbie Caillat song "Lucky" in spin class this morning (YES I actually BARELY made it) and listening to the words made me a little emotional. By the way, my legs already hurt!

Lars said...

That was such a great comment. I had nothing to say that makes me happier.

Found your link on Somer's.