Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sprite, please

Owen cracks me up all the time. Not just the little smile variety, but the laugh outloud at all the wrong times and in all the wrong places kind. So, we are in church today and he is sitting on my lap during the sacrament prayer. He is being surprisingly reverent, folding his arms and even pretending to squint his eyes shut. Then, all the sudden he whispers (and I am using that term very loosely here)
"Mom, why did they just say Sprite?"
"What?"
"The missionary boys just said sprite." (the whisper is elevating to excited hysteria here and we are still mid-prayer mind you)
"I don't think they said Sprite Owen."
"Yes, they did. I think we're getting sprite this time instead of water."
And now it's me causing the ruckus as I laugh outloud just as the prayer is ending. He must have heard something in that prayer that sounded like sprite and let's just say he was more than a little disapointed when he eagerly chugged the plain old sacrament water. Better luck next time O.

1 comment:

Lars said...

I'm going to guess it was Spirit. And I didn't hear you laughing.