Thursday, August 21, 2008

Super Sweet


So we kind of have a regular bedtime routine. We say our family prayer together in Jeffrey's room each night. Everyone takes a turn during the week and nobody can ever remember whose turn it is so things usually end badly. But, at least we make the attempt. Then Jeff takes Owen to bed and I stay and read with Jeffrey while Paige climbs up on his bed and tears all the papers off his bulletin board. Again, it usually ends badly but at least we make the attempt. Tonight I didn't feel like reading, terrible but true. So, I put Owen to bed and Jeff hit the Bob books with Jeffrey. Owen wanted a book and a song. Not unreasonable. But, during the book Paige got her head wedged between Owen's bed and nightstand trying to climb up and join us. It was actually really funny, but she didn't think so and she let us know it. So, after we finally got her quieted down, finished the book and Owen's favorite song, we said our goodnights. Paige gave Owen a big sloppy kiss on his forehead and I said good night my little Owie Oops. He said, goodnight my little super sweet, I love you. We always come up with funny little names for each other that usually don't make any sense, but sometimes he surprises me and comes up with something, well... sweet! So, it was nice to have at least one part of our bedtime routine that didn't end badly. I'll have to remind him how "super sweet" I am tomorrow when he will inevitably think otherwise after being sent to his room for the 15th timeout of the day.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I guess we always appreciate what isn't ours, because I think Owen is adorable. Maybe we could arrange a swap of sorts. Your blog is looking beautiful by the way. You must have an amazingly talented teacher. See you at spin!

Chiara said...

hahaha - your bed time routine sounds way too similar to ours!! But I love the "at least we made the attempt" comments...how very true that is!! Do you think there will ever be a day when we'll be able to get ALL our kids down without any fighting and tears AND on time!?!