Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 random things...

This is a tag that I got on facebook and it took me so long to think of 25 random things about myself that I thought I would post it here as well, just to make it worth the effort.
1. I have a brown freckle in the blue part of my right eye, I always thought it was kind of cool.
2. My favorite place in all the world is Cannon Beach, Oregon.
3. I got pregnant with Jeffrey while we lived in Cooperstown, New York. Jeff was doing an internship at the Baseball Hall of Fame and I loved the quaint town, the museum, the lake, everything. I so wanted to name Jeffrey "Jonah Cooper" after the town and Jeff completely refused.
4. Sean Connery's accent makes me melt. I saw "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" when I was a little girl and thought he was the most handsome man alive.
5. My dad was a motorcycle policeman and I always remember him smelling of old spice and rain when he came home at night, such a nice smell.
6. I hate throwing up more than anything in the world, really, I hate it!
7. I have worn the same perfume since I was in junior high, CK One, it just smells like me.
8. When I was a teenager I went to EFY every summer and loved it.
9. I taught at the MTC after my mission and still think that is the best job I have ever had.
10. I love salty snacks...popcorn, cheezits, pretzels
11. I think that "Watcher in the Woods" is one of the scariest movies ever made. What was Disney thinking? I had nightmares about that movie for most of my childhood.
12. I was obsessed with River Phoenix as a teenager. Posters all over my room, magazine pictures, and a much used copy of "Stand by Me" in the VCR.
13. I had a rat tail when I was in 4th grade. Yes, I do mean the hairstyle.
14. My favorite Christmas present ever was my cabbage patch kid, Norma.
15. In my head, I think that I look like Drew Barrymore. Jeff thinks that I am totally crazy, but somehow that is how I see myself. So random.
16. I have LOTS of shoes. Probably at least 100 pairs, but I don't want to actually count them so I can go on buying them without as much guilt.
17. I think that Jeff is the nicest man I know, he has never said a mean thing to me and believe me, I have deserved it a time or two over the last 10+ years.
18. I love being tan. Terrible, I know, but my pasty skin looks so much nicer with a golden glow.
19. Tillamook cheese is the only cheese worth buying, trust me.
20. Shhh... don't tell, but I really like the Jonas Brothers. I think that Jeffrey and I both have a slight crush on Joe Jonas.
21. Madeleine L'Engle is my favorite author. If I ever have another girl I would like to name her Madeline, such a great name.
22. Every time I hear "Proud to be an American," it makes me cry.
23. I would have loved to meet Martin Luther King, he is one of my heroes.
24. My first car was a 1988 Bronco II. I loved that car and still cannot bear to part with it so it sits in our garage taking up semtimental space.
25. I went splunking (caving) several times when I was a student at BYU. I think it was the bravest thing I have ever done and I would never do it again.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I love this! So revealing. And the Drew Barrymore thing totally makes me laugh. When I was in college I had several people tell me I looked just like Drew Barrymore (it must have been my look at the time), and one guy even called me Drew on a regular basis. I don't even think he knew my real name. See, we are totally destined to be friends.

Em said...

I love these things about you! I miss you we need to get together more!