Thursday, February 19, 2009

Growing up


Paige is such a funny, sweet little stinker of a girl. On Sunday, I put her down for a nap and she did NOT want to go to sleep. She cried for a minute and then we heard her door open and there she was standing at the top of the stairs with a big grin on her face. How did she learn how to climb out of her crib AND open her door all in one day? So not fair! I came up and laid her down in her crib again and less than a minute later the door opened and we gave up on a nap. Quite a victory for our little miss. But I am not really so surprised. Paige is the most independent of our 3 babes and that is becoming more apparent each day. She wants to do everything by herself and lets out one slightly demonic growl if anyone attempts to help her. It is all part of growing up, growing into the 2 year old she will soon be. (2, how can she really be 2?) Part of me is sad to see my baby turning into an independent little girl that doesn't need me like she once did. But, a bigger part of me loves watching her soar, discovering herself in the world around her. I think that is part of being a momma, the bitter along with the sweet. So, I look forward to all the disoveries, the bitter and the sweet. I'm just glad I get to come along for the ride.

1 comment:

Jane Blackmun said...

She is a doll! And yes, I saw some of that independence at Christmas. She's standing on the kitchen table isn't she?? :o) I had also thought, "when did you put her in a big girl bed?" Wow, getting out by herself!