Saturday, February 28, 2009

25 Random Things About Jeff

1. My favorite place to go growing up was Yosemite, I love all the waterfalls.
2. I don't like people touching me...definite space issues here.
3. I love Reyn Spooner shirts. I have at least 20 and wear them every chance I get, hello casual Friday (Aloha Friday for me).
4. My first car was a 1969 Camaro that I restored and then wrecked a week later. Tragic.
5. I'm sentimental about things. I can't stand to throw anything away, old socks, basketball shorts...anything that reminds me of the past is hard for me to part with.
6. I've had my hair cut for my entire life by only two barbers. When I lived in California it was Charlie, here in Utah it's Dale. (on my mission it was not good, usually whatever random elder owned a razor, not pretty.)
7. I love to barbeque. Tri-tip is my specialty.
8. I like milkshakes you can drink through a straw (usually late at night with some fries)
9. You can see my butt in the theatre scene in the movie "That thing you do." (And it was much smaller then than it is now)
10. My first job (other than a paper route) was wrapping gifts at Nordstrom for Father's Day.
11. I wear 'warm vanilla sugar' lotion from bath and body works every day.
12. My newest obsession is Sanuk shoes, so comfortable, so California.
13. I used to be a good athlete, but those memories are fading fast, 30 pounds ago, 15 years ago... the good old days.
14. I get hit in the nads by my kids at least 10 times a day, the pain...
15. Cookies are my favorite food, hands down.
16. I got to meet Ronald Reagan when I was 17. My dad told him that we had the same birthday and he got real close to me, examined my face, and said "You sure look good for being born in 1911."
17. When I was a little kid I used to make hors d'oeuvres for my family on Sundays. Ritz crackers and Oscar Meyer bologna.
18. I had the best birthday parties growing up. If I went back home and saw my friends, they would still be talking about my parties. Angels stadium, real live ponies... my mom was so cool.
19. I had an internship at the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2001. It was really cool to meet and hang out with baseball legends. Some were cool, some weren't, but the experience was amazing.
20. I spent most of my weekends in high school at a stake dance somewhere in Orange county. I think I won the contest of most #'s collected among my friends (James, Chad, Tim, Skippy, Haws?).
21. Without sounding too sappy, the one thing I love the most is coming home from work everyday to see my family.
22. Now that In N' Out is coming to Draper, all I need is for waves to start breaking on the Great Salt Lake and my homesickness for California wouldn't be quite so bad.
23. There aren't very many things in life that I want, but the things I do want are really expensive.
24. This is actually a little too revealing for me...I tend to be quite private.
25. I feel like I have lived a charmed life. I had a great childhood... good parents, good siblings. I don't think I could've scripted it better. I've just been so blessed.

2 comments:

stacey said...

ahhh, so cute. i loved the waves on the great salt lake!!

Lars said...

Great list. I enjoyed learning more about you.