
I love working downtown. I think I'm really a city girl at heart. There's just something about a city, the hustle and bustle, people everywhere, sounds, smells, I love it. I spent many a weekend in downtown Portland growing up and being there makes me feel really alive. You know, alive in a way that you don't really get in the suburbs. Alive because all the sudden you feel a part of something completely outside of you. I loved walking by the river, watching the crew teams, shopping at the outdoor markets, the old buildings, the people. Just being able to sit and stare and imagine what other peoples lives might be like. So great! I felt like that tonight. Class was short so I had time in between to wander around by myself. Being alone I seem to notice more. The trees outside my building are in full bloom, pretty white flowers that make me smile. There is a new taco cart at the end of the road that makes the whole block smell nice. And there are people all around, all kinds of different people. Young and old, students, businessmen, boyfriends, girlfriends, boys on skateboards, women in heels, all with a story. And I am so good at imagining what it might be. A happy addition to the running dialogue in my head. And somehow, the whole city scene makes me feel happy. I love working downtown.
2 comments:
What I want to know is why don't you have a SINGLE wrinkle under or around your eyes? That is simply not fair!!
Me too, I am there with ya, I love the city and I have loved living in Atlanta, and the hussle and bussle of things to do and see. Sometimes I feel bad that I like the city life more and than the country life where we lived in Idaho, b.c. most people think the small town life is better for raising kids. But I beg to differ, I think it is how you raise your kids where ever you live. I guess I will get to challenge my theory when we move to St. MArtin in 2 weeks!! Wish we could have a girls night out in the city, we would tear it up!!
Post a Comment